It has been three decades into this world. I cannot fathom how it flew or did it? 😉 I have changed a lot like the seasons over the years. For the better of course 😉
Well, it does seem like a huge milestone considering the average life span to be 67 if I am not wrong. On the other hand, 30 is JUST a number.
I had planned to celebrate my 30th birthday in the Himalayas. The plan held good indeed. My day started with meditation followed by a long moment of serenity at the Prashar Lake (9000 feet), Himachal Pradesh, India. There was a quaint temple, dedicated to Sage Prashar nearby, which looked like a pagoda. Later on, went on a long drive through the mountains to reach the Parvati Valley . To sit by the fierce and noisy Parvati river cutting across the valley was tremendously superb. The day ended at a Gurudwara, Manikaran Sahib. It was a birthday amongst the beautiful ranges of the Himalayas! And I sure didn’t want to be anywhere else.
Listing down a few random thoughts around 30, at this juncture of being 30… certainly not the conventional way!
- I always used to think people in their thirties are boring, way too mature and know what they are doing with their life. As for me, I maybe a bit boring yet entertaining in a weird way, quite mature and certainly figuring out what I want to do with my life or figuring out life. See, I haven’t quite figured out that as well 😀
- From the society point of view, I should have been married, had a kid, working religiously at a job and home………. well I am far from all of it. Phew! I am still living 😀
- I have moved from being a routine ideal person to a weird spiritual seeker.
- I have now found my religion- Travel, maybe I will find a culture of my bearing in a few years.
- I have moved from careers in Science & Technology, Management to now Arts. Well, what can I say I am exploring.
- I am on a path less travelled, figuring out my way, meeting wonderful people and soaking in the amazing experiences. Maybe that is the journey.
- I feel stuck in reality or the so called routine.
- I haven’t figured out what life is all about. I hope I do.
- I have met complete strangers who are kind, humble and show a different perspective of life every time. I feel people are the same everywhere, maybe slightly on a different path realising life in their own set of perspectives.
- I still have more adventures to take on. More on the bucket list.
- I still have lots of places to visit, many people to share experiences and memories with and certainly more things to learn.
- I am now on a spiritual path experiencing life in a different perspective.
- Yes, my circle of friends is getting very small. Glad it is!
- I am in a place where I do not care about what people say or think about me.
- I am exploring myself & I am working on me more than anything else!
- I have figured out that happiness, peace is within you- All you have to do is to knock on your inner doors.
- I feel there is still lots to do in this world or learn from this world and time is so so less.
- I have kinda learnt to enjoy the present moment because it is in the now that everything brilliant happens and these are the moments to cherish.
- I don’t know what’s in store for me in the future but all I know and have learnt is to enjoy the journey because in the end it is all about exploring the world within! It has been completely fascinating a journey.
I will probably get on to philosophical or spiritual aspects in an another post.
Well these are a few thoughts running through my head at this moment. Well, maybe I have redefined the conventional being 30, more on the philosophical terms 😉 Sigh!
That’s me and yeah I am working on myself! The last 30 years have certainly taught me about the things that I don’t want in my life. I think I am getting to know me better.
Wonder what the next 30 years has in store?
So what is your story of turning 30? Or have you had different thoughts? Or have you did something weird altogether on your 30th birthday. Or where do you want to celebrate your 30th birthday? I am all ears…. Can’t wait to hear from you all…