“Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better”- Albert Einstein
Looks like the sun is talking in tandem to the tree and me..
Well most of us have had this question ringing in our heads when we have an impulsive drive to just head out somewhere but then the thought wanders about for a while, only to surrender to the confines of the comfort zone!
Ever experienced this?
Well to all the procrastinators, comfort zoners and just about any one who has put off a travel…. here are a few things to DO (random order) when you have the WANDERLUST!
- Choose a place- WHERE? It could be a place that you have been wanting to go since ages, it could be the first place that comes to your mind now, it could be a place of your dreams provided it is on this planet 😉 Or you could research any travel blogs, travel diaries of frequent travelers, travel magazines or websites.
- Now I guess you have the place ready…. it is time to plan out the ‘WHEN?’ Find out the best time to visit the place you have chosen. If it is the peak period, you might want to avoid it if you want to be away from the crowd 😉 (Introvert Traveler talking :D) But yes if you want to enjoy the place in its magnanimous self, then hop on and make the most of it and don’t worry about the crowd (they could add to your advantage)
- So, BUDGET… I hope you selected the place keeping in mind the budget you have in your pocket 😉 Just kidding ….. well I am not! By all means, if you are lacking some amount, save up. Well if you choose to just land in the place and figure the rest from there, so be it. There are many options like couchsurfing, working on the go, sharing the travelling costs with a fellow traveller….. Well if you put your mind to it you will come across one or the other adventurous way….
- NOW book your transportation tickets- flight, train (certainly well ahead to confirm your seat and to save some money on early bird bookings). Also, if you are planning on staying in hotels, resorts, home-stays, traveler bungalows book it! Well again if you happen to be a traveller, land in the place and figure your way out.
- Lastly, the biggest thing to do. Well, I should have put this at the first 😉 Nahh! Convince the stakeholders- Boss, Team members, Family and of course Parents! God bless you, if you have Indian parents….. It is really really hard a job to convince them completely… try to convince them a bit atleast. All the best!
- Oh I forgot… Travel WITH? You could tag along with your family, friends, like-minded travelers or just about YOU being on a vacation alone! Try it! Traveling Solo and finding fellow travelers on the way is in vogue but more so you learn a lot about the world around you and about yourself! (There goes your reward!) If you are travelling with a travel tour company/agency/organization you are bound to find many fellow travellers so don’t beat yourself on going solo!
Well if you want to just be a traveler to the core, travel about anywhere, anywhen, anyhow, anywith and try to figure out a way where your heart and mind leads you to.
So, get going NOW! There is NO later, a sweet period, the right time, the leisure time, the retirement time! Sorry, you may not be alive to reach these fancy times.
It is the NOW time. Make it NOW! Travel NOW!Explore NOW!
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter- @Shoepenlens
Broken we are but when the light shines within we stand beautiful and strong in all entirety!
“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” – Buddha
“Art has a double face: expression and illusion!”
Follow me on ShoePenLens
Areca processing at a village on the kodachadri trekking trail in Shimoga, Karnataka, India.
It is a sunrise but each and every moment makes it all the more beautiful
The cycle of life is one such…
Enjoy and live in the moment !