‘Oh you are so lucky, you are traveling?’
‘I don’t know how you do it!”
‘You are living the life!’
‘Keep traveling while you are single! I don’t think I can’
‘You are young, travel more!’
‘You are freelancing, right? You have the time! I don’t have the time with work’
Hmmm, these are a few of the responses/ quip I get from strangers, acquaintances and friends!
These are quite amusing yet annoying at times because it is not big a deal!
So here goes, I am going to give away the other side of the story….. not to make it sound boring or scary but for the fact that traveling is possible by anyone and you need not be lucky but passionate!
- For starters, being single doesn’t mean I don’t have responsibilities, family, commitments and work. At the end of the day, I have to work around these for being able to travel. My toughest times have been at convincing my folks for my travel! 😉
- I am not rich that I can afford traveling now and then. I have to work, earn and save for being able to travel and explore the places galore. Trust me, my bank account balance hasn’t seen a decent amount in the past couple of years! I am not kidding! Security is far far away!
- Being a freelancer, doesn’t mean I am free! It means that I take up work according to my pace, situation and variety and the amount of work involved etc. And of course it is not a fad and is more than a 9-5 job; considering multiple commitments, clients, projects and being a one-woman army is quite tasking!
- Age doesn’t have to do anything with travel! If you are interested and want to really explore a place, just get out of your comfort zone- you will surely be able to do it! Well I have seen elderly people from across the globe take to traveling from all walks of life. The smile and gratitude on their face, inspires me to keep traveling forever- like even when I am way tooooo old!
- Frankly, I am not lucky. I am grateful for the things I have and work towards making the best of what I can do and go traveling- for it is my passion! If you are passionate about traveling and exploring the unknown- I am sure, you already know- Luck doesn’t have anything to do with it!
So, I haven’t written the above because I found the statements/responses offensive but for the fact that ‘I am not lucky’ but I do work towards getting what I want.
I am blessed and grateful to make the best of what I have with utmost passion and reverence!
Or in other words, we are all lucky that we are in this beautiful world! What you make of it or how you explore all depends on what you really want!
Well, next time you think about wanting to travel, think of how passionate and focused are you for wanting to do it(nah nothing about luck) and just get on with it!